Pages

August 5, 2012

stowaways- maine edition day 1

This past weekend, my family and I headed to Maine in order to celebrate my cousin's wedding. I had never been to Maine before, so I didn't know what to expect. It turned out that Maine, especially at this time of year, was absolutely breathtaking. Our hotel was right on the lake as was the wedding and reception and it provided the perfect backdrop to a weekend filled with love and family.

Part 1: On the eve of the wedding ceremony everyone who had congregated in Maine for the wedding took a boat ride around the lake. The views were stunning and the food was delicious (lobster rolls!). I hadn't seen my extended family in some time so it was a perfect way to catch up before we put on our dancing shoes the next night!

When you look at your life, the greatest happinesses are family happinesses. -Joyce Brothers

((view of the lake where we would be spending the evening))

((the hotel's dock on the lake))

((the boat we were cruising on all night- the one in the back!))

((in honor of the Olympic Opening Ceremony))

((gorgeous view from the boat))

No comments:

Post a Comment