Pages

May 21, 2015

stowaways: catch-up

Wow, hello there! It sure has been awhile. I cannot believe the last time I posted was in February. I was dreaming about vacation and warm weather and here we are a few days away from Memorial Day weekend... the unofficial start of summer!

Let's see, what has happened in the last 3+ months... I have started cooking so much more, which you have probably noticed if you follow me on Instagram. Before I used to order take-out and it became quite costly and pretty unhealthy. I joined the I Quit Sugar 8 Week Plan and while I didn't stick with it completely, I tried so many recipes and found a new love for cooking. Whenever I want to whip something up, I tend to turn to my 8 Week Plan book or search the IQS archive for a healthy recipe. Honestly, learning from I Quit Sugar has made me appreciate more and more what I put into my body and the effects it has on me. Check out my Instagram to see my attempts at cooking. Have you tried any of the recipes? What looks the most tasty?!

My precious pup, Reagan, turned 2 (see her 1st birthday post here) on April Fool's Day. I made her a carrot, peanut butter cake, which she devoured. It honestly smelled so good that I almost wanted to dive in! She is truly a gem.

I went to many DC sporting events and toured wine country Virginia. I had never been to a winery and the experience was incredible.

The weather is now warm and I could not be more excited. I love summer clothes and hanging poolside or at the beach. I have so many grand ideas for this summer like going to the jazz concert in the park that they have in DC, going to outdoor country concerts, road tripping to the beach, and taking an extended weekend and traveling somewhere extra warm and sunny.

Here's to Summer 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment